Friday, December 2, 2016

The End, Ten Years After

Whoa - ten years have passed.  So much water under the bridge that there's been a sea change.  Lots of trial, tribulation, rough sailing.  Divorce, bankruptcy, career reset, cancer, recovery from cancer.  And, some wonderful things.  Five beautiful grandchildren.  Answered prayers.  Finally, a soul mate.

In the midst of all of it, there were times when I couldn't think, or write.  I didn't have any thoughts worth sharing.  Still not back to where I used to be.  Maybe I never will be:  I can't turn back the clock, and I have scars from some of the fights I've had.  Many, many people have had a worse time - my road has been rough and rocky, but not impassable.

At this age, with all that has happened, I think the advice of St. Paul applies - to focus not on what is behind, but on the prize - the finish line.  After all, Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt - Why?  Because she looked behind at what she was leaving.

Pray for me, please.

Peace,

Miserable Offender

1 comment:

Paul Thompson said...

Hey Miserable Offender. I was away from my blog for ten years as well. But I see you've been away from this one since 2016; five years, almost six. Anyway, from one Anglican to another, God bless and Happy New Year!

Fr. Paul